Our jewellery is made from durable base metals such as Stainless steel which is plated in 18k Gold.
As we know, even the highest quality of plated jewellery will need to be re-plated as plating naturally wears down overtime. Hence, here are a few recommendations in order for you to maintain and prolong the life of your SD jewellery;
- Remove your jewellery before showering, swimming or exercising whenever possible.
- Avoid direct contact with moisture, chemical substances, chlorine and salt water for long periods of time.
- Avoid direct contact of the item with cosmetics, perfumes and body lotions.
- After use, clean jewellery gently with a soft dry cloth to remove skin oils and dust.
- When not in use, store your jewellery separately in cool, dry place to prevent long term oxidation.
- Avoid rubbing plated bracelets and necklaces against each other.
- Try to prevent plated rings from knocking into counter tops or rubbing against car keys buried in pockets, purses, etc.